Tuesday, May 01, 2007



Saturday I visited a new yarn shop in St. Charles, Knit and Caboodle. She has some yarns I haven't seen in other LYS's, so that was nice. I did buy some sock yarn.

On the left is Hand Painted Knitting Yarns superwash. It has little tweedy flecks which contrast with the dark color and remind me of stars on a night sky. The other is Online supersock.
All I seem to be buying lately is sock yarn. I think it's because I don't have to have a specific project in mind when I buy it. I did sign up for Sockapalooza 4. This will be my first sockapalooza and I'm excited! Of course my match happens to like knee socks, so I'll have lots of knitting ahead. I have never made knee socks and I'm a little worried about doing the calf shaping, but I'm sure I could find a pattern.
Speaking of socks; I finished the RPM socks. These were made with STR. I did these on DPN's from the top down with a short row heel.


I really like the STR, I'll definitely buy some more at Stitches this year. (Note to self, turn off date stamp on camera)

2 comments:

Emma said...

Pretty new sock yarns. Love those purple STR socks too!

sockpal said...

Hey there,
Your sock pal here ;) This is my first Sockapalooza too! Yay! Still scratching my head about which pattern to choose, but I'll get to it. It's not helping to see you keep churning out beautiful socks like that!